Postgraduate Research Projects Currently Available
The McDevitt laboratory has several postgraduate projects by higher degree reseach for students who meet the following criteria:
- Have a 1st Class Honours or MSc degree and high undergraduate academic record in any of the following areas: molecular microbiology, bacteriology, microbial bioinformatics, biochemistry, chemistry, or structural biology.
- Have an interest in studying the role of metal ions in host-pathogen interacation or aspects of the chemical biology and biophysical chemistry of infectious diseases.
- Are highly motivated and capable of both independent and collaborative research.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements.
- For Australian/NZ citizens and permanent Australian residents an application for an Research Training Program Scholarship (RTPS) will be essential. This provides a tax-free stipend of $26,382 per annum (2017 rate) for up to 3 years (indexed annually). The closing date is October 31st each year.
- For International Students, an International Postgraduate Research Scholarship will be essential. This award covers stipends (a living allowance) and in some cases tuition fee waivers.
- If you meet the above criteria and are interested in studying in the McDevitt laboratory, please submit your expression of interest in writing and include your CV by email here.